We are now the proud parents of 3!! Zachary Robert was born April 21, 2010 at 1:36 am, weighing in at 7lb 8 oz and 20.7 in long. He is doing great so far. He's actually on a pretty good schedule already. He may not be exactly consistent but he is very close to what he was when I was pregnant. It's so amazing that I already knew what his schedule would be before he was born.
I had a GREAT experience with this delivery. After having Ricky and Cynthia and getting epidurals with both of them I wanted to try something different and just see if I could do it by going natural. I never got to feel anything with them, heck I didn't even know when I was having a contraction because my epidurals were so good and heavy. So I decided a long time ago that I would do something different with my third, not knowing if it would be my last. Once I started working in Labor and Delivery it just reaffirmed my decision to try and go natural. I will be honest and say that I didn't make it all the way through the birth with no pain relief, but I did make it pretty close.
Months before getting pregnant I started talking to a friend at work, Melissa, about what I wanted and she was behind me the whole way encouraging me. We decided that she would be my nurse and help me get through it. So when I was admitted she came in and we went to work!! Without Melissa I never would have made it as far and as long as I did. She was so extremely patient with me. I will never forget one point where I was sitting up to get some epidural pain relief and she just looked at me and said "Jen! Focus, you can do it. You're doing great!" I immediately looked at her and calmed down from where I was. It was so incredible. She was great!! There is definitely something to be said about your nurse when you are going through something as wonderful as child birth.
So enough about that... Here are a couple of pics from right after delivery.
The next day Ricky and Cynthia came over to see us and meet their new brother. They have been very excited about baby Zach coming and just wanted to hold him. It was such a tear jerking experience to see how much they cared for him.
The next day when we were released from the hospital, my parents brought Ricky and Cynthia home after Rick and I got there with Zach. And yes, Zach did get his very own Diamondbacks outfit to come home in, continuing our D-backs theme in the family. (Remember our reception?? :) ) So all three kids have come home in their own D-backs clothes. So cool!!
Then Saturday we got a surprise phone call from Patti saying that she was in town and wanted to stop by and meet Zach too!! That was a great surprise since we don't see each other too often.
We just had gotten home from taking newborn pictures as well as all three together. So as soon as I get those back, I'll be posting those as well. (Thanks Krista!!)
1 comment:
Awe! Thank you~ you are so sweet and it was my pleasure to be part of such an amazing experience!
Congrats mama!
Post a Comment